Saturday, June 11, 2011

Title Page: A Promise of Recovery

TEXT: The title page of the Big Book reads: "Alcoholics Anonymous: The Story of How Many Thousands of Men and Women Have Recovered from Alcoholism."

THOUGHT: When I walked into the rooms of A.A. after my (God willing) last drunk, I was hopeless. I thought I had tried A.A. (repeatedly), but kept getting drunk. For some reason, God graced me with the willingness to try A.A. one more time. Later, I was to find out that I had in fact only tried those parts of the A.A. program that suited me and, as warned, those half-measures availed me nothing. Starting back at the title page of the Big Book, my new sponsor gave me new hope. In this book, I could find what I had been missing; I could recover.

PRAYER: Father, please enable me to set aside everything I think I know, for an open mind and a new experience; help me to see the truth about the program of recovery set forth in the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment