Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Foreword to Third Edition: Recovery Begins With Talking

TEXT (p. xxii): In spite of the great increase in the size and the span of the Fellowship, at its core it remains simple and personal. Each day, somewhere in the world, recovery begins when one alcoholic talks with another alcoholic, sharing experience, strength, and hope.

THOUGHT: It has been said that as an alcoholic "balance" is something I swing by while moving from one extreme to the other. I have both refused to work with others because I didn't want to be bothered, and expended great energy trying to get new guys into the Big Book as quickly and intensely as possible. Every once in a while I find it beneficial to just take a breath and simply start a conversation with no lofty goals in mind.

PRAYER: Father, please enable me to set aside everything I think I know, for an open mind and a new experience; help me to see the truth about sharing experience, strength, and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment