Friday, June 17, 2011

Foreword to Second Edition: A Miracle

TEXT (p. xv): Since the original Foreword to this book was written in 1939, a wholesale miracle has taken place. Our earliest printing voiced the hope "that every alcoholic who journeys will find the Fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous at his destination. Already," continues the early text "twos and threes and fives of us have sprung up in other communities."

THOUGHT: I am surrounded by A.A. meetings. Practically any time of the day or night I can open my schedule book and find a meeting a short drive away. Whenever I travel I have great confidence that I will be able to find a meeting conveniently located near my destination. While there are certainly still places where meetings are few and far between, for the most part A.A. has become a global phenomenon. When I reflect that this phenomenon began less than 80 years ago with one man sharing a spiritual solution for alcoholism with another--who am I to say there is no God?

PRAYER: Father, please enable me to set aside everything I think I know, for an open mind and a new experience; help me to see the truth about the miracle of A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment